sodium

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자VJ특공대 조회 1회 작성일 2020-09-16 15:21:52 댓글 0

본문

Intern Content: Sodium

Free online lecture provided by OnlineMedEd @ www.onlinemeded.org. Learn the foundation for your career and ace the boards and wards.
Natarajan Manickam : Wonderful explanation you nailed it
Dr Pranavaditya K.B : thank u so much sir. .
venkybly : Tq
Procyon : This was a great explanation.
meme youyou : Love your video. U rock and more power!
shatraghuna gadade : Great teaching
TrueCourse : Hi. First of all, thank you so much for contribution to the betterment of clinicians and students alike. I would like to point out the Na correction factor of 1.6. Shouldn't it be at 2.4?

Hillier et. al (1999) evaluated 6 healthy subjects, induced hyperglycemia, and measured actual serum sodium levels, finding a sodium correction factor of 2.4mEq/L to be more accurate than the classically taught 1.6mEq/L correction factor from Katz, 1973.

(REFERENCE : Katz MA. Hyperglycemia-induced hyponatremia--calculation of expected serum sodium depression. N Engl J Med. 1973 Oct 18;289(16):843-4. PubMed PMID: 4763428.)

Thank you again.
Boris The PA : I love the Katrina switch. Thank you so much for the excellent lectures. Your Antibiotic Ladder alone is worth a donation!
Nepali Babu Kshitiz : You are great sir
Basel Alismail : Very much love given for the awesome effort. Thanks alot. Simple and easy

Sodium (salt) and your kidneys

Sodium is one of the two electrolytes found in salt. Sodium plays many important roles in the way our bodies function.

The sodium found naturally in foods is plenty to maintain healthy levels in our body. However, we add salt while we cook, while we eat, and it is added to many processed foods. This can lead to eating too much salt. Having too much salt in your food can lead to high blood pressure, which is the second leading cause of kidney disease.

Salt makes you thirsty and can make your body retain fluid. Having more fluid in your body can raise your blood pressure. When you have high blood pressure, your kidneys must work harder to filter blood. Over time, this can lead to kidney damage.

Too much fluid in your body also puts more strain on your heart, lowers your protein levels, and leads to difficulty breathing. Taking steps to limit excess fluid buildup, and thereby controlling blood pressure, is vital to improving your health.

Where do we get most of our sodium?

Where do Americans get most of their sodium? According to a study published in the journal Circulation, restaurant and processed foods accounted for nearly 71 percent of consumer’s dietary sodium in a study of three U.S. regions.
Hjalmar : Bullshit
Laith Mohammed : nice beat
Namrata Jogal : but I have high BP
iiOmqItzJensonPlaysMinecraft : I would tell a joke about sodium

But NA
Maria Auiao : Ehh am i normal a pinch of salt in the morning for my .
Darth Musturd : Drinking club soda right now. Gonna go get another
Michael The Sociopath : High blood pressure is due to the sodium-to-potassium ratio, not the absolute sodium intake. People need to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, especially starchy foods like potatoes and bananas which contain a lot of potassium.
cheyenne prime time : Then I eat pizza
Ed Speece : My blood pressure was 162/108, even with medication. Now I eat less than 2000mg of sodium per day and my BP is 128/78 with no medicine.
MO JO : Watch stan efferdin
Thw best performance enhancer.
JUST WATCH IT!!

#sodium

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 1,208건 1 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.escaphere.net. All rights reserved.  Contact : help@oxmail.xyz